Here’s a brief update about building plans at the ABT base, and further information on projected building costs. Approximate costs were figured last year as we evaluated the overall scope of the project. They were as follows:
- Survey and subdivision: $1,500. Engineering and attorney fees
- Purchase of 3.5 acres: $120,000. Buying back a portion of land owned by another party
- Land development plans: $30,000. Engineering costs for certified plans
- Multi-purpose building blueprint: $17,500. Drafted and certified by a professional architect
- Excavation costs: $55,000. Site prep, sand mound, and stormwater management
- 7000 sq. ft. building: $375,000. Farm equipment storage area, commercial kitchen, five offices
- Driveway upgrade: $20,000. Our percentage of moving the existing shared lane and paving the entrance
Total estimated cost: $650,000 (including 5% for hidden costs)
God has blessed ABT with the ability to pay for #1 and #2 above, and we have signed a contract for the Land Development Plans (#3). Estimates we’ve received on #4-#6 make us hopeful that our original estimate of $650,000 will be very close.
Presently we are working with a land development firm on the following:
- placement of the building on the newly acquired acreage
- parking lot design
- stormwater management
- a new lane to the building
- the septic system
- utility lines
This land development firm is working with us to present these plans to the Township staff (we’ve already had one meeting), the Planning Commission, and finally the Township Council Board. After receiving our Zoning Permit from College Township we hope to submit our building permit application to local Code officials.
If God is willing, we would like to break ground for the building this fall, and it would be wonderful to see it completely finished before the end of the year. Thanks for your interest, support, and prayers!
Joel Martin, General Director
We prefer to use designated funds, rather than general funds, for this project. Thanks to all who have already contributed! If you would like to contribute, please indicate “Building Project” on your check, or simply use the form on this page.
Visit the building project page to learn more or donate.
Questions? Contact Joel.